The Outside Activity Tracking System (OATS) is a multi-campus collaboration intended to facilitate the collection, review, and reporting of faculty outside professional activities that are subject to the University of California's Conflict of Commitment policies: APM 025, APM 240, APM 246.
OATS replaces the current online AP Folio Conflict of Commitment and Outside Professional Activities reporting and prior approval request system. OATS is a comprehensive system that we expect will simplify the annual reporting process, requests for Category I prior approval, and involvement of students in outside activities.
OATS is a role-based system where access and functionality is assigned as follows:
- Faculty – faculty who are subject to the policies noted above
- Reviewers – administrative and departmental staff responsible for reviewing APM 025 prior approval Category I and student involvement requests, and annual certifications
- Approvers – department chairs and deans responsible for approving APM 025 prior approval Category I and student involvement requests, and annual certifications
The following requests and reporting will be routed through OATS for review and approval:
- Prior approval requests to engage in an APM 025 Category I activity
- Requests to involve students in an outside professional activity
- Report and record time for APM 025 Category I and II activities
- Annually certify outside professional activities that are subject to APM 025
For more information, please visit the Systemwide UC OATS Project Site.